Urheilu ja suorituskyky
- Burke L.M. (2008) Caffeine and sports performance. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab., 33(6):1319-34. doi: 10.1139/H08-130.
- Goldstein E.R. et al. (2010) Position Stand: caffeine and performance. J In Soc Sports Nutr,27;7(1):5.
- Ganio M. S. et al. (2009) Effect of Caffeine on Sport-Specific Endurance Performance: A Systematic Review. J Strength Cond Res,23(1):315-24.
- Irwin C. et al. (2011) Caffeine withdrawal and high-intensity endurance cycling performance. J Sports Sci, 29(5):509-15.
- Desbrow B. et al. (2012) The effects of different doses of caffeine in endurance cycling time trial performance, J Sports Sci., 30(2):115-20.
- Hodgson A.B. et al. (2013) The metabolic and performance effects of caffeine compared to coffee during endurance exercise. PLoS One,8(4):e59561.
- Higgins S. et al. (2016) The effects of pre-exercise caffeinated coffee ingestion on endurance performance. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab, 26(3):221-39.
- Clarke N. et al. (2017) Coffee ingestion enhances one-mile running race performance. Int J Sports Physiol Perform, 13(6):789-794.
- Glaister M., Gissane C. (2017) Caffeine and physiological responses to submaximal exercise: a meta-analysis. Int J Sports Physiol Perform, 5:1-23
- Clarke N. & Richardson D. (2020) Habitual caffeine consumption does not affect the ergogenicity of coffee ingestion during a 5km cycling time trial. J Sports Nutr & Exercise Metab, 31(1):13-20.
- Grgic J. et al. (2020) Wake up and smell the coffee: caffeine supplementation and exercise performance-an umbrella review of 21 published meta-analyses. Br J Sports Med, 54(11):681-688.
- Spriet L.L. (2014) Exercise and sport performance with low doses of caffeine. Sports Med, 44(2):175-184.
- Gliottoni R.C. et al. (2009) Effect of Caffeine on Quadricep Pain During Acute Cycling Exercises in Low Versus High Caffeine Consumers. Sport Nutr Exer Metab, 19:150-161.
- Astorino T.A. et al. (2011) Effect of caffeine intake on pain perception during high-intensity exercise. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab,21(1):27-32.
- Davis J.K. et al. (2009) Caffeine and anaerobic performance – ergogenic value and mechanisms of action. Sports Med, 39:813-832.
- Astorino T.A. et al. (2009) Efficacy of acute caffeine ingestion for short-term high-intensity exercise performance: a systematic review. J Strength Cond Res, 24(1):257-65.
- Grgic J. (2017) Caffeine ingestion enhances Wingate performance: a meta-analysis. Eur J Sport Sci, 31:1-7.
- Mielgo-Ayuso J. et al. (2019) Caffeine Supplementation and Physical Performance, Muscle Damage and Perception of Fatigue in Soccer Players: A Systematic Review. Nutrients, 11(2):440.
- Ferreira R.E.S. et al. (2021) Effects of Caffeine Supplementation on Physical Performance of Soccer Players: Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Sports Health, Published online ahead of print.
- Gant N. et al. (2010) The influence of caffeine and carbohydrate coingestion on simulated soccer performance. J Sport Nutr Execr Metab, 20:191-197.
- Conger S.A. et al. (2011) Does caffeine added to carbohydrate provide additional ergogenic benefit for endurance? Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab, 21(1):71-84.
- Goldstein E.R. et al. (2010) Caffeine enhanced upper body strength in resistance trained women. Sports Nutrition, 7:18.
- Astorino T.A. et al. (2010) Effect of two doses of caffeine on muscular function during isokinetic exercise. Med Sci Sport Exer, 42(12):2205-10.
- EFSA Panel on Dietetic Products, Nutrition and Allergies (NDA) (2011) Scientific Opinion on the substantiation of health claims related to caffeine and increase in physical performance during short-term high-intensity exercise (ID 737, 1486, 1489), increase in endurance performance (ID 737, 1486), increase in endurance capacity (ID 1488) and reduction in the rated perceived exertion/effort during exercise (ID 1488, 1490) pursuant to Article 13(1) of Regulation (EC) No 1924/2006. EFSA Journal, 9(4): 2053.
- Astorino T.A. et al. (2012) Effect of caffeine on RPE and perceptions of pain, arousal, and pleasure/displeasure during a cycling time trial in endurance trained and active men. Physiol Behav, 106(2):211-7.
- Laurence G. et al. (2012) Effects of caffeine on time trial performance in sedentary men. J Sports Sci, 30(12):1235-40.
- EFSA Panel on Dietetic Products, Nutrition and Allergies (NDA) (2011) Scientific Opinion on the substantiation of health claims related to water and maintenance of normal physical and cognitive functions (ID 1102, 1209, 1294, 1331), maintenance of normal thermoregulation (ID 1208) and “basic requirement of all living things” (ID 1207) pursuant to Article 13(1) of Regulation (EC) No 1924/2006. EFSA Journal, 9(4):2075.
- Maughan R.J. et al (2003) Caffeine ingestion and fluid balance: a review. J Hum Nutr Diet, 16(6):411-20.
- Neuhauser-Berthold M. et al (1997) Coffee consumption and total body water homeostasis as measured by fluid balance and bioelectrical impedance analysis. Ann Nutr Metab, 41(1):29-36.
- Grandjean A.C. et al (2000) The effect of caffeinated, non caffeinated, caloric and non caloric beverages on hydration. J Am Coll Nutr, 19(5):591-600.
- Armstrong L.E. et al (2005) Fluid, electrolyte, renal indices of hydration during 11 days of controlled caffeine consumption. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab, 15(3):252-65.
- Silva A. M. et al (2013) Total body water and its compartments are not affected by ingesting a moderate dose of caffeine in healthy young adult males. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab, 38:626-632.
- Zhang Y. et al. (2014) Caffeine and diuresis during rest and exercise: A meta-analysis. J Sci Med Sport, S1440-2440(14).
- Killer S. C. et al. (2014) No Evidence of Dehydration with Moderate Daily Coffee Intake: A Counterbalanced Cross-Over Study in a Free-Living Population. PLoS ONE,9(1): e84154.
- Armstrong L.E. (2002). Caffeine, body fluid-electrolyte balance, and exercise performance. Int J Sport Nutr and Exerc Metab.,12:205-222.
- European Food Safety Authority (2015) Scientific Opinion on the Safety of Caffeine. EFSA, Palma, Italy. EFSA Journal, 13(5):4102.
- Costill D. L. et al. (1978) Effects of caffeine ingestion on metabolism and exercise performance. Medicine and Science in Sport and Exercise, 10:155-158.
- Mielgo-Ayuso J. et al. (2019) Effect of Caffeine Supplementation on Sports Performance Based on Differences Between Sexes: A Systematic Review. Nutrients, 11(10):2313.
- Clarke N.D., Richardson D. (2019) Coffee Ingestion Improves 5 km Cycling Performance in Men and Women by a Similar Magnitude Nutrients. 11(11):2575.
- Guest N.S. et al. (2021) International society of sports nutrition position stand: caffeine and exercise performance. J Int Soc Sports Nutr, 18,1.
- Calvo J.L. et al. (2021) Caffeine and Cognitive Functions in Sports: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Nutrients, 13(3):868.
- Tarnopolsky M.A. (1994) Caffeine and Endurance Performance. Sports Med, 18(2):109-25
- Pickering C. and Kiely K. (2017) Are the current guidelines on caffeine use in sport optimal for everyone? Inter-individual variation in caffeine ergogenicity and a move towards personalised sports nutrition. Sports Med, 48(1):7-16.
Urheilu ja suorituskyky
Sisältö päivitetty heinäkuussa 2022
Sisältö päivitetty heinäkuussa 2022